Licensing Auditor (Licensing & Royalties)
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The auditor will examine and analyze accounting records and prepare financial reports for our Licensor clients in connection with licensing and royalty audits. The report we prepare details the specific procedures we performed in order to verify that the proper amount of royalties were reported to our clients for their license of intellectual property rights as well as any findings resulting from our procedures. Under the direction of industry experts the auditor will perform detail tests of a licensee’s books and records as deemed necessary and on a client by client basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Interest in working in a rapidly growing industry with room for advancement
- 1-3 years Audit, Accounting experience; Licensing and Royalties work experience preferred but not required
- BA/BS Degree required; Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business majors preferred
- 35% travel (drive to client sites in Greater Los Angeles area and some domestic and international out of state travel)
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Strong computer user, proficient in Excel/spreadsheet/database use to analyze and manage large data sets
- Strong professional service ethic
- Must possess strong analytical skills
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.