Manager (Production Cost and Entertainment)
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
We are looking for a self-motivated professional who loves a challenge. If you are a logical reasoner who also enjoys puzzle solving, then this position is for you. The manager will work with a Senior Analyst and for a Senior Manager.
- Perform analytical, technical and research tasks, and provide a detailed analysis of your findings.
- Implement test procedures to determine compliance with contractual requirements in entertainment related agreements.
- Conduct in-office analysis, as well as fieldwork at major motion picture and television studios and production companies on behalf of clients at the forefront of content distribution.
- One (1) or more years of relevant production accounting experience.
- Understanding of television and film production and distribution.
- Data analysis proficiency utilizing production cost software preferred.
- Ability to schedule, track and perform multiple jobs, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write client reports on findings.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proven computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, a plus).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Some local and out of state travel required.
- BA/BS degree required; degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred.
Since 1941 Miller Kaplan Arase LLP has provided the highest quality of accounting and consulting services, with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver and Sun Valley, Idaho. Our Los Angeles office is located in North Hollywood, adjacent to Universal Studios. We are ranked among the 10 largest Los Angeles-headquartered accounting firms and are one of the top 100 public accounting firms in the United States. At Miller Kaplan Arase LLP we are committed to providing a positive work environment and want our employees to reach their highest potential while building a fulfilling career. The Firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) profit sharing, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation and sick days.