Associate (Payroll Compliance Audit - North Hollywood, CA)
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
- Provide detailed analysis of findings and coordinate all analytical, technical and research tasks.
- Work closely with clients, supervisors, managers, and partners.
- Evaluate and determine compliance standards to provide audit reports for payroll, pension, and other assessments for clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the entertainment industry is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced environment.
- Bookkeeping or related payroll experience desired.
- Knowledge of payroll taxes and payroll systems recommended.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Preferably one (1) year or more of payroll audit experience.
- Some traveling required to client work sites within the greater Los Angeles area.
- BA/BS degree required; degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business preferred.
Since 1941 Miller Kaplan Arase LLP has provided the highest quality of accounting and consulting services, with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver and Sun Valley, Idaho. We are ranked among the 10 largest Los Angeles-headquartered accounting firms and are one of the top 100 public accounting firms in the United States. At Miller Kaplan Arase LLP we are committed to our employees reaching their highest potential while building a fulfilling career. We provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation and sick days.