Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
The Manager (Payroll Compliance Audit) coordinates employer audits to determine compliance with employee benefit contributions and standards in connection with financial audit reports. This position requires previous payroll audit experience, emphasis on analytical, technical and research tasks.
- Directly oversee and monitor staff performing payroll compliance audits of multi-employer benefit plans.
- Conduct audits and supervise staff time and schedule; review completed audits for initial draft presentation to the employer and submission to Partner for final review.
- Ensure the payroll audit process and procedures meet the guidelines as established by the Trust Fund Audit Program and related Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Select sample employer batches for annual testing based on applicable audit cycle.
- Continuously update related status reports for submission to Board of Trustee meetings.
- Manage and advise the compliance audit staff with appropriate procedures and direction when potential issues arise.
- Perform in depth research of relevant collective bargaining agreement disputed payroll audit evidence.
- If requested, attend Board of Trustees meetings to present and discuss the status of audits.
- 5+ years accounting experience, bookkeeping or payroll experience and/or applicable work experience.
- 5+ years supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable of payroll processes, functions and payroll systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (minimum Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to adapt and manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Some traveling required to client work sites within the Bay Area.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar.