The Payroll Specialist will report to the Firm’s CFO. This position involves a range of accounting responsibilities with a focus on payroll processing, accounts payable, general ledger and financial statement processing.
- Serve as lead in payroll processing; perform daily payroll department operations.
- Reconcile timesheets and process overtime and time off requests.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Perform compliance checks for unclaimed property payroll checks.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, 1099 etc).
- Develop financial and operational reports as needed.
- Process manual checks and relocation metrics.
- Update and reconcile monthly payroll journals from ADP reports.
- Research and resolve employee and firm management Payroll related inquiries.
- Coordinate with Auditors to perform worker’s compensation and employee benefit plan audits.
- Process annual and periodic changes to employee compensation and benefits in ADP.
- Process accounts payable and vendor invoices
- Process employee expense reimbursement requests
- Analyze and prepare adjustments to accounting records.
- Minimum 5 years payroll experience required, experience working with ADP strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience required.
- Familiarity with labor code and employment laws regarding pay and overtime.
- Familiarity with Sage/MAS 90, QuickBooks or other bookkeeping software.
- Advanced skill level in Excel; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with month-end closing procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and customer service skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- A problem solver with strong analytical and organizational skills.