Payroll Compliance Auditor - San Francisco, CA
- Gather payroll data from clients; review and analysis of data to provide audit reports and other assessments for payroll and pension clients.
- Detailed analysis of findings; coordinate all analytical, technical and research tasks; regular spreadsheet (Excel) use required to manipulate data.
- Evaluate and determine compliance standards in order to provide accurate audit reports.
- Work closely with clients, managers, and partners to deliver the highest level of payroll compliance reporting and consulting services.
- Number acuity is essential.
- Strong computer skills and highly competent Excel and spreadsheet user.
- Good English communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced environment; strong project and time management skills required.
- Must be able to work successfully both independently and as part of a project team.
- Bookkeeping or payroll experience preferred; knowledge of payroll taxes and payroll systems is a plus.
- One (1) year or more of Accounting, Payroll or Audit experience preferred.
- Some traveling required to client work sites within the greater Bay area.
- AA or BA/BS degree preferred; work experience in an Accounting or Payroll position preferred.
- This is an entry-level Audit position and training and oversight will be provided. (NOT CPA track.)
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.