POSITION IS WITH ONE OF FIRM'S CLIENTS
We are looking for a self-directed and experienced Controller to oversee financial, accounting and administrative matters for non-profit organization (and its related entities). The position will work closely with the CEO. Controller must be experienced in financial management. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget preparation, payroll, accounts
payable/receivable and financial reporting, as well as certain human resources functions such as policy and procedure development and compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manages all accounting operations, including billing, financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting and tax compliance.
• Prepares annual operating budget and reports variances.
• Reviews and approves timely financial statements and reporting; organizes information and statements for audits.
• Monitors cash and funding balances.
• Ensures compliance with all legal and government reporting requirements and tax filings, such as Form 990 and LM-2 filings.
• Supervises accounting personnel and other administrative staff.
• Oversees physical facilities, including maintenance, lease management and parking; approves and monitors purchases, subscriptions and other expenditures.
• Coordinates various human resources functions such as staff reviews, vacation requests and training.
• Organizes special events.
• Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality.
• Handles printing and distribution of contracts.
• Performs additional Controller duties as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• At least 5 years of experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager, ideally in the nonprofit sector
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in accounting or related field required
• Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks) and Microsoft Office Suite
• Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards and government regulations
• Attention to detail
• Able to work well with CEO and others