- Perform audits
- Participate in the planning and coordination of audits
- Analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepares financial reports concerning operating procedures
- Review data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income and expenditures.
- Inspect items in books of original entry to determine if accepted accounting procedure was followed in recording transactions.
- Inspect notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and cancelled checks.
- Verify journal and ledger entries of cash and check payments, purchases, expenses, trial balances by examining and authenticating inventory items.
- BA/BS Degree required; Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Business preferred.
- CPA exam eligible candidates preferred.
- Prior audit or accounting work experience preferred (Audit, Tax, and Bookkeeping).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A problem solver with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access).
- Strong professional service ethic, client focused, and results driven
- Manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Stay current on the latest GAAP practices and knowledge of GAAP matters
- Must be able to travel based on client and business need – may be required for up to 30% of your time
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.