- Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, and internal controls.
- Examining and analyzing records, reports, operating policies, and documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Responsible for analyzing accounting records and executing audit program steps, testing general ledger, and account balances.
- Responsible for and supervising audit engagements; and communicate audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings, highlighting unresolved issues, and reviewing work papers.
- Prepare financial statements and review returns.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- 2-5 years of public accounting experience. Experience with employee benefit plans, 401k audits, and labor organization services preferred.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Computer proficiency in TR AdvanceFlow Software (preferred) and Microsoft Office suite, and other Accounting related programs
- Strong professional service ethic
- Must possess strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Manage multiple tasks
- BA or BS Accounting Degree required
- CPA or CPA candidate desired
- Stay current on the latest GAAS practices and knowledge of GAAP matters
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.