The Tax Senior Associate is responsible for performing complex tax preperation, tax research and planning with minimal supervision. This position also provides direction and technical guidance to less experienced staff. The Tax Senior Associate may contact clients to resolve minor tax matters.
- Prepare complex federal and state tax returns – corporation, partnership, individual, trust & estate.
- Identify and resolve potential tax issues.
- Other tax compliance may include FBAR, foreign reporting and IRS audit assistance.
- Review tax returns and projects prepared by a Tax Associate.
- Review tax information supplied by client; may meet with or call client with questions.
- Assist with training and providing direction to Tax Associates.
- Prepare tax planning projections for individuals and businesses.
- Respond to tax notices from various taxing authorities.
- Research tax issues using the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required.
- CPA or CPA candidate.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in public accounting with a tax focus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet client deadlines.
- Experience handling multiple client engagements.
- Good written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competence with tax compliance and research software; including GoSystems (preferred), Lacerte, or other Tax software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Miller Kaplan LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.