- Prepares income tax return forms for individuals and businesses such as Partnerships, C-Corp, S-Corp., LLP, LLC, Estates and Trusts
- Reviews financial records, such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return
- Computes taxes owed, following tax form instructions and tax tables for federal, state, and/or international income tax compliance and planning
- Consults and research tax law handbooks to determine procedure for preparation of atypical returns
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures
- At least 2-3 years of tax preparation of Partnerships, C-Corp, S-Corp., LLP, LLC, Estates, Trusts, etc.,
- GoSystems, Lacerte, or other Tax software experience preferred,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills are required,
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Must be computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.