This newly created position is responsible for driving awareness and generating leads through media relations, press releases, and social media.
As the PR Specialist, you will work with the Marketing Manager to develop integrated media and communications strategies that directly support and promote the firm’s brand and reputation.
Must have 5+ years in accounting, professional services, or other B2B media relations/communications role.
- Lead the development and execution of external messaging, announcements, press releases, etc.
- Develop and maintain relevant media relationships
- Seek and secure press opportunities for comment, writing op-eds/by-lined articles, and speaking engagements
- Seek and secure award opportunities
- Develop thought leadership that increases brand awareness and positions the partners as subject-matter experts through conferences, events, roundtables, and more
- Train and coach partners and senior managers on effective communication techniques (oral and written) and how to better articulate the firm’s brand position
- Manage the firm’s social media channels: create integrated social campaigns that drive the overall marketing-communications goals and brand initiatives
- Support partner involvement in civic and professional associations to further brand awareness
- Track and analyze results, generate reports, proactively provide feedback to improve success
- Serve as a brand ambassador
Individuals who will thrive in this role will bring critical thinking, emotional intelligence, an executive presence, intellectual curiosity, and be results-driven. The successful candidate should also have the following skills:
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of success in media relations, social media, and communications
- Experience managing and driving engagement on social media for a professional services firm
- Solid understanding of all mainstream social media platforms
- Familiar with Hootsuite, CoSchedule, or similar
- Ready to foster a culture of collaboration & growth
- Relationship builder – takes care in cultivating internal and external relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management; comfortable advising and coaching partners of the firm
- Strong multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- An optimistic, self-starter with the drive and enthusiasm to navigate through ambiguity to produce high-quality results
- Committed to quality and continuous improvement / Stays current with evolving technologies, platforms, and best practices
Ideal candidates would also be:
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree (equivalent experience may also be considered)
Miller Kaplan is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.