This newly created position will work with the firm’s subject matter experts to develop high quality content for the website and social media channels, as well as for other marketing materials.
Candidates with 2+ years of experience generating content in accounting industry are preferred; however, content creators and copywriters with an educational background in accounting and 2+ years of work history in related industry fields could be successful in this role.
If considered for the position, you will be asked to send 3 samples of your content. Samples can include written materials, audio materials/podcasts, and/or videos.
Required Skills & Experience
- Own the content creation and publishing process
- Co-own the management of the editorial calendar with the Marketing Manager
- Develop expert thought leadership content that increases brand awareness and engagement
- Proofreading and editing content before posting to the firm’s website and social media channels
- Stay current on industry news and alerts to ensure content is relevant and timely
- Stay current on content marketing trends best practices
- Research and define target audiences
- Track content analytics, generate reports, and adapt content strategy accordingly
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of the firm’s services
- Experience creating content (articles, podcasts, videos) on topics such as: Accounting, Audit, Tax, Business Management, Contract Compliance, Information Security, Employee Benefit Plans, Entertainment, Labor Organizations, Professional Services Firms, and more)
- A passion for writing and creating informative and educational materials about the firm’s specific services
- Expert ability to distill complex subjects into concise and understandable language
- Great storyteller
- Strong multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- An optimistic, self-starter with the drive and enthusiasm to navigate through ambiguity to produce high-quality results
Individuals who will thrive in this role will bring critical thinking, emotional intelligence, an executive presence, intellectual curiosity, and be results-driven. Ideal candidates would also be:
- Familiar with Wordpress
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Well-versed in SEO, SMO, and PPC
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree (equivalent experience may also be considered)
Miller Kaplan is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.