The Tax Associate is responsible for performing tax preparation and related client tax matters. The position will provide a solid understanding of common tax rules and regulations and basic knowledge in accounting principles.
- Prepare federal and state tax returns - corporation, partnership, individual, trust & estate.
- Prepare tax workpapers and identify potential tax issues. Prepare tax adjusting entries based on client provided financial statements.
- Prepare tax planning projections for individuals and businesses.
- Assist with tax research using the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Assist in responding to tax notices from various taxing authorities.
- Assist other team members with accounting responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is required.
- CPA or CPA Candidate.
- Minimum 1 year experience in public accounting with a tax focus.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Good written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competence with tax compliance and research software; including GoSystems (preferred), Lacerte, or other Tax software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Miller Kaplan LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.