The Tax Manager is responsible for managing the Tax Associates and Tax Seniors as well as for performing tax planning, reporting, and compliance functions for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement for the right candidate.
- Review complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for individuals and business entities, including consolidated and non-consolidated C-corporation, S-Corporation, Partnership, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Review complex gift tax and estate tax returns.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and federal & state taxing authorities regarding various tax matters.
- Delegate projects to Associates & Senior Associates and provide accounting and tax assistance.
- Assist with staff training for new hires and ongoing staff training. Train, mentor, and provide direction to staff, including time management, general supervision & guidance. Reviewing staff and evaluating their work.
- Conduct complex tax research and keep up with current laws, possessing sound knowledge of the latest tax laws.
- Recognize, anticipate and resolve tax issues; make recommendations to Partners.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating client’s needs.
- Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
- CPA certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in Accounting, Taxation or related field.
- Minimum 6 years Public Accounting experience with a tax focus, with significant supervisory experience (2 years plus).
- High degree of self-motivation and self-investment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Committed to excellence and dedication, works well under pressure and client deadlines.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task, possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Willingness to learn and be challenged.
- Competence with tax compliance and research software; including GoSystems (preferred), Lacerte, or other Tax software.