Title: HR Manager
Reports to: Managing Partners and COO
Job Description & Responsibilities:
This is a working Manager position in a busy 2-person HR Department. Must be hands-on and able and willing to work on all HR tasks and projects. Manages all Human Resources functions for the firm.
• Handle full lifecycle recruiting including posting open positions, resume review, interviews, reference checks and background checks and facilitating the offer process.
• Lead the new hire on-boarding process which includes preparation of offer letters, leading new hire orientation, assembling and completing new hire paperwork.
• Manage employee performance reviews and compensation reviews.
• Conduct performance counseling, probations and terminations.
• Handle all internal employee investigations.
• Provide guidance and support to partners and managers in coaching employees.
• Ensure compliance with relevant local, state and federal laws; train and counsel employees regarding company policy and procedure.
• Subject matter expert for all benefit plan details and respond to employee benefit questions.
• Work closely with benefits brokers to lead employee benefits year-end Open Enrollment efforts.
• Accurately complete and audit the employee benefits data entry enrollment, terminations, monthly provider bill audits through our HRIS system.
• Organize and maintain employee personnel files, benefits files, I-9s and all HR related paperwork, CPE continuing education materials and hours tracking.
• Process all leaves of absences.
• Manage and continuously edit the Careers page of the firm’s website.
• Process new hires and terminations in ADP Payroll and Benefits portals.
• Assist in processing immigration paperwork for sponsored employees.
• Coordinate all firm events including summer picnics and holiday parties.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• 7+ years of experience at a senior level in Human Resources administration
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, PHR or SPHR certification a plus
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (primarily Outlook, Word, Excel) and familiarity with ADP and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
• Knowledge of HRIS systems and software; comfortable learning and using other firm software programs
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Works well under pressure and tight deadlines
• Trustworthy; discreet with confidential information
• Strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills
• Occasional travel required to other firm offices and campus career fairs.
Since 1941 Miller Kaplan Arase LLP has provided the highest quality of accounting and consulting services, with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver and Sun Valley, ID. We are ranked among the 5 largest Los Angeles-headquartered accounting firms and are one of the top 100 public accounting firms in the United States. At Miller Kaplan Arase LLP, we are committed to our employees reaching their highest potential while building a fulfilling career. We provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including health, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.